14 January 2012

NLL Crystal Ball: Week 2

It's the second week of the National Lacrosse League Season, and there's four games on the schedule tonight. Edmonton has another week off, but everyone else plays tonight. The Rock-Goondits game is going to be broadcast live on TSN in Canada, and all of the games are available through the NLL Livestream feeds. My picks are after the break.

I started last week with a poor prediction all around. I thought the Rock's fate rested with Roik. He was outstanding in the first, and got knocked off his game a bit (or rather, Calgary gained some momentum and Toronto forgot how to play) after the incident with Snider partway through the second quarter. All that bet-hedging I did last week means that I'm looking at Calgary as the favourites this season.

Now on with my picks.
  1. I've got Philadelphia opening with a win at home over Rochester.
  2. Toronto spoiling Buffalo's season/home opener.
  3. Colorado starting Minnesota's long season with a defeat.
  4. Calgary asserting themselves as the front-runner this season by beating Washington.
Favourites to Win Championship:
  1. Calgary
    1. Beat the best.
  2. Toronto
    1. Lost to favourites.
  3. Buffalo, Washington, Philadelphia, Rochester, Colorado, Minnesota
    1. Didn't play week 1 - no data to judge chances.
  4. Edmonton
    1. Didn't play week 1 and have week 2 off as well.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great jobs on these picks. I say that partially because they show analysis and insight, but mainly because they are exactly the same as mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Analysis and insight - LOL! Thanks Graeme. I noticed we had the same picks this week, but at least the other guys at IL Indoor gave us some variety.

    ReplyDelete