15 March 2012

NLL Crystal Ball: Week 11

Another bad week for me at 2-4 last week. This has me back in .500 territory at 21-20 on the season. It's been another busy week for me at work, so without any further ado, my picks, favourites and magic numbers after the break.

This Week's Picks
  1. Buffalo at Toronto
    1. Historically the Bandits play well in Toronto. This season the Rock are not playing well at home. Conclusion: Bandits (if I get this wrong, I'll be ecstatic)!
  2. Edmonton at Philadelphia
    1. I had a Rush hunch last time that worked out well for me; this time it's all Wings, but my gut has been off the past two weekends (I swear I've been feeding and beering it properly).
  3. Minnesota at Buffalo
    1. Bandits. Barring catastrophic injuries (or suspensions) Friday night to Toronto, Buffalo will be fresh and hungry.
Favourites to Win the Cup
  1. (1) Colorado (would beat Washington, Calgary and Philadelphia en route to the Cup)
    1. Even without Jr. they can still win, sometimes.
  2. (2) Calgary (would beat Minnesota and lose to Colorado)
    1. Very nearly ready to assume top spot.
  3. (3) Minnesota (would lose to Calgary)
    1. Even if they didn't play, they're still the pleasant surprise of the season.
  4. (6) Philadelphia (would beat Edmonton and Rochester before losing to Colorado)
    1. Seem to be the best of the hot / cold teams, for this week.
  5. (5) Rochester (would beat Toronto and lose to Philadelphia)
    1. Quietly ready to pounce for top spot in the East.
  6. (4) Toronto (would lose to Rochester)
    1. Cue Homer Simpson as the Coach ... suckiest bunch of sucks that ever did suck.
  7. (9) Washington (would lose to Colorado)
    1. Gotta be happy that they've leap-frogged into the playoff picture.
  8. (7) Edmonton (would lose to Philadelphia)
    1. If I understand my tie-breakers, then Edmonton squeaks over into the East, as the standings currently sit, by virtue of their record against common opponents played an equal number of times (Minnesota and Washington).
  9. (8) Buffalo (not in playoff picture)
    1. They could go from not in the playoffs to first in the East in two weeks.
Magic Numbers
Colorado is one win or one Washington loss away from clinching, neither of which can happen this weekend. They also clinch if Buffalo loses twice. Calgary is down to two. Rochester and Philadelphia are at four, and Minnesota is at five.

No comments:

Post a Comment