16 April 2011

Bold Predictions

After Colorado beat Calgary last night, all eight playoff spots are locked up in the National Lacrosse League. Half of the teams already have their seeds locked in as well.


In the West:
  1. Calgary
  2. Washington or Minnesota
  3. Minnesota or Washington
  4. Colorado
In the East:
  1. Buffalo or Toronto
  2. Toronto or Buffalo
  3. Rochester
  4. Boston
I predict that the order will be as I have written them, with Calgary taking first overall.

In the playoffs I'm expecting Washington to beat Minnesota and then to steal the division finals in Calgary. This will setup a rematch with Toronto for the finals, because Toronto is going to beat Rochester and Boston on route to the championship.

In the finals, home floor pays off in the rematch and Toronto takes it. My picks are only slightly biased by the fact that I want to see three more home games!


I've also made my biased picks for the Stanley Cup Finals for the school pool. I figured I might as well broadcast my prognosticating power for later told-you-so-ing and maybe a little what-was-I-thinking ...

First round winners will be: Vancouver, San Jose, Detroit, Nashville, Washington, Philadelphia, Montreal and Pittsburgh.

Second round winners will be: Vancouver, Detroit, Montreal and Philadelphia.

Conference winners will be: Detroit and Montreal.

Stanley Cup winner = Montreal. And Montreal, as defending Cup-Winners, will be scary good next year with Markov and Gorges back in the lineup.

Go Rock and Habs Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment