14 October 2011

What should I read?

I've been doing a lot more bedtime reading lately, and watching a lot less TV. I had been reading my way through the Star Wars novels when I reached a point where the library no longer had copies, so I grabbed Harry from the shelf for another journey through the Potter saga. I finished that off, and I'm fighting temptation to read through books 6 and 7 again, since I've read them the least and found them riveting (again).



Instead, I'm going to read my way through some classics I inherited from my grandpa or from book sales (if the dust doesn't kill me). So what do you think I should read first? Last?

Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.

2 comments:

  1. The question here, of course, is how many Robin Hoods can you stomach in a row? If you're interested in comparison reading, sometimes it's fun to blast yourself with different versions of the same story all at once. On the other hand, you may wish to break up the Robin Hood reading with the other classics here. FWIW, I'd go with the Swift first; scathing political and societal satire written as though it were a fairytale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've read more than a few of these and in some cases more than a few times. For scathing satire I prefer A Modest Proposal, much shorter than all four of the Gullible episodes, but that's not on the shelf ...

    ReplyDelete